This is where it starts.


Oh my goodness y'all- here you are and this blog is real! WHAT?!
I have been contemplating this "move" for many years now and today is the day I followed through and took a dive into the personally uncharted waters in front of me. 
*Blogging has been a scary ocean from my vantage and I am NO-OCEAN goer! 
There be too many sharp teeth in those waters! 
And truth be told- I started trying to blog over a week ago and am just now figuring out how to make this work just enough to post. *

Anywho....I know I may end up over my head a time or two doing this '"thing"....heck I guarantee there will be some "gurgling-gurgles" when I start to flounder...but I promise to bring some authentic stories along for the ride. Are you ready for this?

You see, over the years I  found it my responsibility and privilege to document my story and that of my growing family on that "little" thing called Facebook. But now it's time for change. 

* Insert the "Dun- Dun- Dun" from Guy's Belt here.  You know..the sloth from the Croods?*

I started writing and posting on Facebook because I wanted to stay connected with the friends and family that I lived so far away from. Isn't that why everyone posts? 
Well....over time I learned that many people started to get such a chuckle while reading the retelling of my life happenings that I started to think "oh this will be a good post." I then started posting to entertain as much as I was posting to document life. WIN!

I just couldn't ( CAN'T ) wait to share or preserve the funnies of the day;  or better yet the lessons I've learned.
Remember the day back in 2015 when I tried to pull up two teeny tiny bushes in my front yard?  How many shovels did I break? How hard did you laugh reading about it?  I now am chuckling just thinking of all the giggles!
* Just a refresher- I broke 3 shovels and my man's truck- it was a rough day. AND and I still hear about it from my kids! "Mom, feel like breaking a shovel today?"*

Sharing life's crazy with my friend's has gotten so "out of control" that my man will hear about our  shenanigans through his co-worker long before he ever get's home! 
Yes, you who have followed me on Facebook tend to know more than "The Dad" for a short duration! Now that's somethin'.

Hey, I can't help it that he carries a flip- phone (no joke) and doesn't have cell service where he works. And how am I to remember all the funnies and such if I don't write it down or type it out as it happens? I CAN'T (it's called mom-brain) and therefore I must blog. Right? Right! Score for you and for me. 

 I benefit because I get to bring you smiles and laughs all while I preserve the memories of  my life. 
  I get to write more of the story.   <3 

* Paul Harvey would have said...And now...The Rest of the Story" But I am not that timeless.*



As I was thinking of what my first blog should be about I considered telling the story of the time that my sweet mother-in-law was self sacrificing in an ocean of waves so that her boys could get a belly roll. 
Then I realized that wouldn't work because I just don't know how it really looked, I just know how I painted it in my mind. AND in my mind, it was an epic battle between the heroine and the surf!
 (She was just trying to get out of the ocean and the waves just kept knocking her down.  Time... after time..after time. She ended up crawling her way out. )
 This lady might not have looked like an angel when she emerged from the waters, but she could do the victory dance....or gasp...no one would be dancing after that battle! She was doing the victory gasp for air for sure because she DIDN'T QUIT and made it through. 

Starting this blog  has been something like the above mentioned story. Blogging has been on my "to-do" list for some time, and life kept knocking it down and I am thankful I just didn't quit. 

So here goes.... Are you ready for this?







Comments

  1. this is wonderful!! i cant wait to continue to read about the adventures of the spurlock boys and their wonderful beautiful mama!!!! i have loved following you on facebook, and now this,, this is going to be epic!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I knew you could do this Jacqueline! I like the name!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I knew you could do this! I like the name, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS!! a funny and a well, learning experience,,,,,, but wait mom,, til YOUR boys try to hang lil jay bird,,,, hopefully dad will be there to tell them the error of their ways!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Nailed It On These Post