Winds of Change



Alright...Here's a frustrating truth-
I am having a difficult time coming up with content to share! 

But why??? I thought I could easily post once a week at least. Life out here is a perfect content builder and I have a "gift;" I can talk. But not lately. *sigh




Am I sick? My dad didn't nick-name me Yaker Sue Ellen for nothin' people! I usually have a lot, maybe even pushing too much, to say almost all the time. So where are all my words?

You see, Yaker Sue is one of the many nick-names I have from my dad, and when I am not able to yak I get just a little worried.  I like to talk, to share, to discuss; it's how I sort things out.

Now, I can skip on sorting the never ending pile of laundry! but not my thoughts, ya'll. So where are the words!? And honestly, I really can't skip sorting the laundry...that would be ugly and counter productive too.

Let me get side tracked for a moment.  My "formal" nick name is Hacque Jose Jaunita Rotunda Red Bass King Bob  *Bob being said with the sound of a belching locomotive* Doesn't everyone have a formal nick name?  Don't answer that. I am sure this is another rarity, and I love it.
The story behind all my nicknames would qualify as a follow up blog post so I will leave that hanging right there. But trust me; I will, and you'll want to have me write about those. 

Ooooh! Brake screech! Here's one. I was gifted with the ability to tell long-winded-short-stories since before I can remember- hence the name Yaker Sue, right.

Well for Christmas one year my dad gave me a "Yak Back" and told me, it "was made just for you!" and I just loved it. I got the memo (I talk a whole bunch), but I didn't change a thing! I just polished my delivery tactics and tailored my stories.
* insert "the-grinch-grin" here and I now see how my second boy comes by thatlook  honestly*

When my siblings and I would meet up with my dad in Pueblo Colorado (divorced-parents-visitation-starting-point / half-way-mark-between-mom-and-dad's) I had over 445 miles and nearly seven hours with a captive audience! There was a six month period of content to cover and I. Covered. It. All. and with all the detail I could muster. *grinning again* The poor guy didn't have a chance. Oh ya-I deserved that Yak Back. Just sayin'.

Anywho, back to this blog thing.
See, I have long-winded-short-story skills. All this is here started because I was trying to say that I tragically have nothing to say. Comical really.

Oh! But I've got it! I have have little to no-content to share because I have had little to no life. 
I know that sounds harsh, but my life is my family, my faith, my home, my projects, my adventures...and I have had little to no time for any of that for the last five months.

I have a job, and its' not commonly known or shared.  Okay, I have three jobs but what's the difference? Even one is too many right now and something has got to give.  I can't quit all of what I do because my family needs me to have a side hustle or two, but where I can trim the fat I will be coming at it with a cleaver! Promise!

*Am I the only one picturing the chef in The Little Mermaid right now? Epic scene!*

I was able to share so much before because I had my boys by my side and an abundance of adventures and shenanigans every day. We were always doing. Learning. Exploring.  And now... I am never really here. We are rarely home.  And even when I am home, I am a shell.

I work darn near full-time with one job,run a home, keep up with two part-time contract jobs, home-school as much as possible, and dream in such a half hearted zombie state it's unreal. THIS ISN'T LIVING, this is merely surviving, and it's not okay. My family deserves more. I want more. And I intend to get back to doing more!

Yes! I intend to DO MORE by doing SO MUCH LESS! If that means I have to say "no" to great things, I am sorry. I need to be there for the best of things....my boys and my husband and myself.  I need more time to love these guys, laugh with them, ponder, build, sew, clean (I do like to clean), read (oh the books I am missing!).  And if I do life better I will have so much deeper of a well to draw from and share. EVERYONE wins!

In a nut shell; by doing less I will have so much more and life will get back to a balance!
I am so excited! My two-weeks notice has been submitted. Yup, yup.

What started out as a way to help family, started to hurt family...Oie. As the GPS navigation lady would say...Re-calculating route!

Ray and I live a very modest life, a good life and we almost got caught up in this rat-race and lost track of what matters most.

We might not have much grandeur as for material things, but man we have so much more if we just open our eyes and see the treasures right before us! We need to see what we can do, instead of what we can't do, because we choose to keep one of us at home with the kids.



Take this drag for instance. Yes, that is what it is. Isn't it spiffy! A recent re-calculation.

WE NEEDED a drag! So we made one.

*What we really NEED is a tractor to pull a box thingy that can condition our hard-as-a- rock-ground and to help manage our property and all the poop that seven large animals can make!  It's unreal! But I digress.*

Knowing our need, we found we had a choice to make:  we could have both parents work to afford a tractor and such (true need) or we could make what we have work, put eternal matters first, have me come home,  and keep saving till we can truly afford the "want."

Yes...something we "need" can also be something we "want."    
*Think on that*

We decided we can still make do with what we have- we have "junk" &  ingenuity! BAM!


We might not have the tractor (yet),  but we have a "Germ" (the name of our side-by-side), a drag made of used cutting edges from a road-grader, hefty bolts, and a whole lot of rail spikes.
 Isn't it beautiful! And it cost less than $20 because we needed heavy duty bolts.
 ( It's bolted instead of welded becuase we wanted to be able to change out the teeth as they wear.)
AND, And, and..... the poop is being managed too! ( just think soil amending) BAM! BAM! BAM!



Phew, long post, but ...guess I had something to say after all. ;) 

There's definitely winds of change in the air. 








Comments

  1. i know that it is hard in todays world for a one parent family that works,, , there ALWAYS seems to be something that is needed or wanted,,,,,, but,, and i know its none ya,, as my mom used to say,,,, i have always admired you and ray for what you are doing for your boys, you staying at home, home schooling, taking care of your men so to speak,, call me old fashioned, think i always have been at heart,,,, so you took time out, per se, to help bring in more money, probably very much needed extra money,, but,,, if you really think about it,, there always seems to be a way, somehow, somewhere, there is a way,, might be tight, might be hard,, but it almost always comes out in the wash and gets worked out,,,, in matts deepest marine voice,,,, hoo rah!!! for you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Nailed It On These Post